Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 6, Saturday April 21, At Sea, Formal

I was up this morning at 5 and completed my walk just before 7. There
was not much sun to be seen when it should have come up around 7:40,
just a few bright spots in the heavy clouds. The temperature is still
near 70, but feels cooler.

It was a very relaxing day with a break from the intense Beyond the
Podium program. Lisi gave a talk on Tenerife and Lisbon in the
morning. There was a reprise of the Galley tour for those who missed
the popular event the first time.

At noon Captain Berdos reported we are now less than 1,000 miles from
Tenerife. Seas are still slight.

In the afternoon there was a talk on "How Ships Move". Celebrity
Central was so packed for that I did not stay. The Neptunes and Neal
Austin performed in the Solstice Theater at 3.

This is the second of 3 formal nights on this voyage. I enjoyed a Pork
entree in Blu while the Chef's recommendation for the Grand Epernay
Restaurant was Sirloin Oscar. While Blu does not follow the traditional
dress code, I'd say at least 80% of the diners there were wearing at
least suits or elegant dresses.

We advance the clocks another hour tonight which I think puts us on
Lisbon time and only 1 hour from Barcelona time. The evening show
tonight is Pulse by the Stars of Celebrity. The high energy show was
mostly dancing with rock music and included an areal number.

As a parting shot tonight, we are losing an hour for the 3rd consecutive
night tonight. This is a disadvantage of an Eastbound crossing, but I
really detest flying eastbound overnight. I prefer sailing both ways,
and love starting in North America where the best of the crossings comes
last. I will do that in the fall but there is no matching Westbound
sailing. Until then I have to live with losing an hour so many days but
will have a relatively painless flight home and a vacation that fits
into my schedule.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment